The Honest, Sound Legal Counsel You Need

Parental Relocation

On Behalf of | Mar 12, 2021 | Child Custody, Divorce, Family Law

With so many people moving from one location to the next for work or better quality of life, Parental Relocation with Children is a very important issue to deal with before moving more than 50 miles from the other parent.  There is statutory notice requirements that must be met prior to relocating with children if you have children from a prior marriage or relationship.  Most of the time a modifications to the parenting plan will be required.  Many times the move is opposed by the non-relocating parent.  In that case a Petition for Relocation and Modification of the Permanent Parenting Plan will need to be filed.  Contact an attorney as soon as you are considering moving more than 50 miles with children from a previous relationship, if your case is in Tennessee.  Other states may have different requirements.  #moving #relocation #parentingplan #custody #modification #daubenspecklaw