The Representation That You Deserve Contact Me Today

Paternity Attorney in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

The need to establish paternity can be a difficult task to endure, especially when you have no guidance on how to move forward. With a dedicated attorney at your side, you can be given the chance to establish paternity for your child on your terms. I have over 18 years of experience as a paternity attorney and am devoted to helping fathers seek the solution that they desire. If you are looking to establish paternity for your child in Murfreesboro, Smyrna, La Vergne, Wilson County, or Williamson County, Tennessee, reach out to me at my law firm The Daubenspeck Law Office, and schedule a free consultation of your case. 

What is Paternity? 

In short, “paternity” means fatherhood. However, when speaking about the term in a legal sense, there is more to it than you may think. While every child has a biological father, that does not necessarily mean that he is the child’s legal caretaker or father. In cases of paternity, an attorney will help you legally establish your fatherhood for the child or children in question so that you can have legal claim and responsibility for them. Speak to me today in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, if you have a paternity situation that you would like to speak about. From there, I will develop a strategy that will best serve you going forward. 

Looking to Establish Paternity? 

Contact Me Today

Establishing Paternity in Tennessee 

Voluntarily Establishing Paternity 

If both you and the mother agree on establishing paternity for your child, you two will need to fill out a “Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity” form. As your attorney, I can help you obtain and fill out this form. It will then need to be filed at Tennessee’s Office of Vital Records. Once the form has been processed, the courts will then add your name to the child’s birth certificate, making you the child’s biological and legal father. While this process might seem straightforward, you will benefit from having a paternity attorney diligently walk you through the steps and make the whole process easier for you. 

Involuntarily Establishing Paternity 

If the mother of the child in question does not agree with you establishing paternity, you will need to file a “Petition to Establish Parentage” document with your local county court. If the court chooses, you, the mother, and the child may have to offer DNA samples to be sent to a lab and tested. If the tests conclude that you are the biological father, paternity will be established and your name will be added to the child’s birth certificate. You will find that having a paternity attorney at your side will help you when going through complicated steps. Contact me today in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and set up a free meeting. I provide my services to the areas of Smyrna, La Vergne, Wilson County, and Williamson County, Tennessee. 

Why Should You Establish Paternity? 

There are many benefits that you, your child, and the mother can experience from you establishing paternity. Your child can now have access to certain benefits that you have that the mother may not have like certain insurance plans, Social Security or Veteran’s benefits, inheritance, or more. Your child can also learn more about your family’s history and have access to medical records, which can prove to be important. Are you ready to establish paternity for a child in Tennessee? Get in contact with me today at The Daubenspeck Law Office in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and schedule a free consultation. 

Talk to a Paternity Attorney Today 

Over the past 18+ years as an attorney, I have helped dozens of fathers establish paternity for their children. I have seen how it can make a positive change not only in my clients’ lives but also in the children’s lives as well. I want to help you make that same positive change. If you are looking to establish paternity for a child in the areas of Murfreesboro, Smyrna, La Vergne, Wilson County, or Williamson County, Tennessee, you do not have to do it alone. I will work by your side and help you seek the right solution for you. Contact me today and let’s find a time to talk.